- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 4, 2015

TROY, Ohio (AP) - Funeral services are planned next week for three teenage girls who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning because of a blocked chimney flue at a southwest Ohio home.

Dayton Children’s Hospital says the condition of an 8-year-old boy who also was found in the home had been upgraded from critical to fair as of Wednesday.

Fisher-Cheney Funeral Home in Troy says funeral services for his 13-year-old sister and her 13- and 14-year-old cousins are scheduled Tuesday at a church in Piqua.

The children apparently had lived with their grandmother. They were found unresponsive Friday at the home in Troy, roughly 20 miles north of Dayton.

An attorney for a couple who own the home has told the Dayton Daily News they weren’t aware of furnace problems and didn’t know children lived there.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide