- Associated Press - Friday, March 6, 2015

NEWBURGH, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say two people who died a day apart apparently succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning that sickened 10 other residents of the victims’ Hudson Valley apartment house and a neighboring home.

City of Newburgh fire officials tell the Times Herald-Record of Middletown (https://bit.ly/1NmBAt4 ) that a woman died Wednesday at a local hospital. On Thursday, a man was found dead in the basement apartment he shared with the woman.

Ten people from that same apartment house and a house next door were also hospitalized Thursday with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. The two houses share a common wall.

Fire officials say they suspect the carbon monoxide leaked from a furnace in the house where the man and the woman lived. Their names haven’t been released.

___

Information from: The Times Herald-Record, https://www.th-record.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide