- Associated Press - Friday, March 6, 2015

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Officials say the improper use of cleaning products on toilet seats likely is to blame for rashes and burning sensations felt by a few people using an Ann Arbor school bathroom.

Ann Arbor Public Schools spokeswoman Liz Margolis says the problem was reported Thursday by a student and two staff members at Ann Arbor Open School. She says a crew apparently didn’t properly dilute a cleaning chemical.

The Ann Arbor News reports (https://bit.ly/1DZ7x5D ) the three people affected were treated at the school and they’re not expected to have any lasting injuries.

Margolis says the toilets were immediately re-cleaned. A letter notifying parents about the problem was sent by school administrators. Margolis says it was an isolated incident, but it will be considered when the district reviews the cleaning company’s contract.

___

Information from: The Ann Arbor News, https://www.mlive.com/ann-arbor

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide