LONDON (AP) - The organizer of Britain’s biggest dog show says an investigation is under way regarding claims that a dog which competed at the annual Crufts show has died after being poisoned.
The Kennel Club said Sunday it was “deeply shocked and saddened” upon hearing reports that 3-year-old Irish Setter Thendara Satisfaction, known as Jagger, had been poisoned at the world famous show. The setter’s co-owner told the publication Dog World that the animal collapsed upon returning to Belgium after competing.
Kennel Club Secretary Caroline Kisko said the dog died some 26 hours after leaving Crufts and “that the toxicology report is due next week and until that time we cannot know the cause of this tragic incident.”
The club has been in touch with the owners and has offered sympathies.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.