DECORAH, Iowa (AP) - A nonprofit has announced that a Decorah eaglet died after being electrocuted last week.
The Raptor Resource Project said Sunday the bird, called Four, was found lying underneath a utility pole between Keota and Harper in rural Keokuk County.
The organization says she was the fourth eaglet from Decorah known to have died from electrocution. Two eagles hatched in 2012 died after being shocked that same year. Another eagle of the 2014 Decorah eagle group died in July.
A consultant told the group the pole where Four was found is unsafe and suggested improvements to it. The nonprofit has forwarded the suggestions to a utility company and is waiting for a response.
The Raptor Resource Project specializes in the preservations of falcons, eagles, ospreys, hawks and owls.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.