- Associated Press - Friday, May 1, 2015

OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) - The Maine Fire Marshal’s office says a fire that destroyed a waterfront hotel and restaurant in Ogunquit started accidentally, probably due to an electrical malfunction.

Both the Blue Water Inn and Huckleberry’s Restaurant were total losses after a blaze started in the hotel and spread to the restaurant Tuesday night. The Fire Marshal’s office said Friday that the fire started within a wall of the hotel that held the electrical entrance panels.

Authorities say the fire burned inside the wall before breaking out, extending to the rest of the seven-room bed and breakfast and into the second floor of the restaurant.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide