- Associated Press - Friday, May 1, 2015

FELTON, Del. (AP) - Fire investigators have determined a fire that destroyed a home in Felton was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office said Friday that the fire started on a bed and was ignited by a clothes iron that was mistakenly left on. The fire spread through the trailer home and caused heavy damage.

Firefighters were called to the scene on Plymouth Road about 9:30 a.m. Friday. The only occupant of the home escaped and was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and a burn.

The fire damage is estimated at $20,000. Investigators say there were no smoke alarms in the home at the time.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide