- Associated Press - Sunday, May 10, 2015

MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) - A change in state law that required Muncie to update its demolition ordinances has led to a delay in 30 vacant or abandoned houses being torn down in the eastern Indiana city.

Community Development Director Terry Whitt Bailey tells The Star Press (https://tspne.ws/1PAbXDu ) the bid packets needed to be re-done and have been re-done. She says the city should be able to move quickly on the houses soon.

Barrie Parker says he’s tired about complaining about a vacant house in his neighborhood. He says it hurts the value of the neighborhood. He says it’s also dangerous, saying he caught six children in an abandoned house last week.

___

Information from: The Star Press, https://www.thestarpress.com



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide