- Associated Press - Monday, May 11, 2015

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Four people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide scare at a downtown Providence apartment building.

Three men were power-washing an underground garage early Monday at Avalon at Center Place Apartments. That’s when they say they began feeling ill called emergency responders.

The three men and a doorman were taken to Rhode Island Hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. No further information on their condition was available.

Fire officials are investigating, but they think a malfunction in the building’s ventilation system on the third level of the garage may be the cause. They say the exhaust emitting from the power washers wasn’t being removed properly.

The third level of the parking garage has been closed. Apartments were not evacuated.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide