- Associated Press - Monday, May 11, 2015

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas fire investigators say the blaze that forced more than 40 people from their apartment building on Sunday started with a fire on a stove.

Fire officials say the flames gutted one apartment in the two-story building at the Wood Lake Villa Apartments on Penwood Avenue.

Firefighters arrived about 10:30 a.m. to find the upstairs unit fully involved, but had the fire under control in less than 15 minutes.

Several units also sustained smoke and/or water damage.

The American Red Cross says it is helping find temporary shelter, food and clothing for 25 adults and 18 children who were displaced by the fire.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide