- Associated Press - Monday, May 11, 2015

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - Wilmington fire officials say a teenage boy was burned when he tried to prepare a Mother’s Day meal on a barbecue grill.

Battalion Chief James R. Jobes tells The News Journal of Wilmington (https://delonline.us/1ASMluL) that the youth tried to light the grill Sunday evening with a lighter.

Jobes says vapors ignited, causing a flash fire that burned the boy on his face, torso and arms.

The youth was treated and released at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.


Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., https://www.delawareonline.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide