- The Washington Times - Thursday, May 28, 2015

Rick Santorum says he was “sickened” to learn reality TV star Josh Duggar allegedly molested underage girls, including his own sisters, when he was a teenager.

“I was sickened by it. I was just sickened by it,” the Republican presidential candidate told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in an interview that aired Thursday.

“I pray for those girls in particular,” Mr. Santorum said. “To have gone through that is … just hard to think about.”

In Touch magazine last week published a years-old police report alleging that Mr. Duggar confessed to “forcibly fondling” several minors, including his sisters, when he was 14 and 15. Mr. Duggar, 27, who has appeared with his family on TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting,” resigned from his position with the Family Research Council after the magazine’s story was released and issued a statement on the family’s Facebook page admitting to unspecified bad behavior as a teen.

In the wake of the public outcry over the allegations, TLC pulled “19 Kids and Counting” from its schedule. Hulu has also pulled streaming episodes of the show, The Hill reported.

On Friday, fellow Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee came to Mr. Duggar’s defense, slamming the “bloodthirsty” media for sensationalizing the story.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide