- Associated Press - Sunday, May 3, 2015

HONOLULU (AP) - Honolulu firefighters have tracked down the source of a fire that caused an estimated $400,000 damage to a Kailua shopping center.

Fire officials say a stovetop burner left on overnight at L&L; Hawaiian Barbecue lit a fire Thursday that damaged the Aikahi Shopping Center.

The fire broke out about 3:14 a.m.

Fire Capt. David Jenkins says the fire mostly was restricted to the kitchen but five businesses, including an animal hospital, share attic space where there was smoke damage.

Pets and staff had to be evacuated from the animal hospital.

___

Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, https://www.staradvertiser.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide