- Associated Press - Wednesday, May 6, 2015

MANILA, Philippines (AP) - The Philippine military says a wanted Filipino bomb-maker and one of the top terror suspects has been killed by a rival factions of Muslim rebels.

The U.S. government has offered a $1 million reward for the capture and prosecution of Abdul Basit Usman.

Military spokesman Brig. Gen Joselito Kakilala said Wednesday that Muslim rebels from a main group that has signed a peace agreement with the government, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, killed Usman after he strayed into their territory in southern Maguindanao province.

Military chief Gregorio Pio Catapang said earlier that Usman was apparently killed in a shootout with his own men.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide