- Associated Press - Wednesday, May 6, 2015

MONMOUTH, Maine (AP) - A Kennebec County storage building burst into flames, leaving $1 million worth of inventory destroyed and one employee injured.

The Kennebec Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1EWOECg ) the Monmouth building owned by AD Electric Inc. of Sabattus was leveled in the Tuesday fire. Crews from nine fire departments were called to help douse the flames, which were still burning more than two hours after it started.

Clouds of black smoke were reportedly visible from as far away as the statehouse in Augusta.

Monmouth Assistant Fire Chief Ed Pollard says the injured employee was taken by a co-worker to the hospital with burns to his arms and upper body.

Pollard says the fire started in a bucket truck and spread to an old chicken barn AD Electric used for storage.

___

Information from: Kennebec Journal, https://www.kjonline.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide