- Associated Press - Thursday, May 7, 2015

GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) - A fire captain in Gilbert decided to treat his team to ice cream when he saw a carton of Blue Bell on sale, but he was soon paying for the indulgence.

KPNX-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1DTTdYW ) that Gilbert Fire Station 2 Captain Dennis Joos was the first to dig in to the Easter weekend treat — and the first to become ill.

Within a few hours, Joos had to pull himself from duty because he was too sick to ride on the truck.

He didn’t know exactly what hit him until days later, when he got a message from Blue Bell telling him that their products were being recalled for listeria contamination and could cause severe illness.

Other firefighters had symptoms but none got as sick as Joos.


Information from: KPNX-TV, https://www.azcentral.com/12news/

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide