- Associated Press - Thursday, November 12, 2015

CLEVELAND (AP) - A lawyer says a preliminary hearing in Cleveland has been canceled for a man accused of creating new identities for himself and his son after taking the 5-year-old from his mother’s home in Alabama in 2002.

Fifty-three-year-old Bobby Hernandez’s attorney says the hearing scheduled for Thursday in Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH’-guh) County Common Pleas Court has been waived. Hernandez is being held on a $250,000 bond after being charged last week with tampering with records to obtain an Ohio driver’s license.

The attorney has said Hernandez believed he’d be caught someday and knows he’ll face consequences.

The son is an 18-year-old senior at a Cleveland high school. His father’s alleged ruse fell apart when the teen began the college application process and discrepancies with his Social Security number were found.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide