- Associated Press - Friday, November 13, 2015

BOSTON (AP) - A judge will hear arguments next month on Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s request for a new trial.

Tsarnaev’s lawyers said in a motion filed in August that he did not get a fair trial in Boston. They argued jurors could not be objective, because of widespread outrage in the city after the attack. They asked for a different location for a trial.

On Friday, U.S. District Judge George O’Toole Jr. scheduled a hearing for Dec. 1.

Tsarnaev was convicted earlier this year and sentenced to death in the 2013 bombing that killed three people and injured more than 260.

During the trial, his lawyers acknowledged he and his brother carried out the double bombing, but they said the brother was the mastermind. Tamerlan Tsarnaev died after a police shootout.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide