- Associated Press - Saturday, November 14, 2015

DALLAS, Ore. (AP) - Polk County officials say an electric heater appears to be the cause of a fire at a motor home in Dallas that killed a 36-year-old man and his dog.

The Dallas Fire Department was called to a structure fire on Friday afternoon and found a motor home fully engulfed in flames.

Investigators found Tobias Schulson and his dog inside the home. Both were dead. The Oregon State Medical Examiner says an autopsy revealed that the death was accidental and that Schulson died of smoke inhalation.

Detectives say there was some type of electric heater being used inside the home and that is likely the source of the fire.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide