At least six ex-lovers are reportedly planning to sue Charlie Sheen for intentional infliction of emotional distress, fraud and sexual battery, after it was revealed that the actor has known for the past four years that he’s HIV-positive.
A prominent Los Angeles lawyer told TMZ that the six women contacted him Monday, and he has appointments with four more today.
“The women claim they had both protected and unprotected sex with Sheen, as recently as last month, and he did not disclose his HIV status,” the report said.
“A source directly connected with Sheen says in the last 2 years, Sheen has had at least 200 partners, so the number of women who either will sue or plan to sue will almost certainly grow exponentially,” TMZ reported.
Mr. Sheen publicly revealed in an interview on the “Today” show Tuesday morning that he’s been undergoing treatment for HIV for years. He insisted that he’s always been upfront with his sex partners and used condoms to protect them.
“I dazedly chose (or hired) the companionship of unsavory and insipid types,” he said in a statement obtained by the Daily News. “Regardless of their salt-less reputations, I always lead with condoms and honesty when it came to my condition. Sadly, my truth soon became their treason, as a deluge of blackmail and extortion took center stage in this circus of deceit.”
Mr. Sheen said he decided to step forward to stop the blackmail but admitted more legal action is expected.
Daily Variety reported Tuesday that the actor plans to sell his 6,625-square-foot villa he acquired in 2012 for $4.8 million and another 9,020-square-foot, six-bedroom home that he purchased the year before for $6.9 million.