- Associated Press - Sunday, November 22, 2015

MUNHALL, Pa. (AP) - Authorities in western Pennsylvania say six people were taken to a hospital after a carbon monoxide buildup in a Munhall apartment building.

Emergency crews were sent to the building at about 1:30 p.m. after a woman called 911 to report that her granddaughter was acting lethargic.

Officials said 10 people were evaluated and three adults and three juveniles were taken to a hospital for treatment.

WPXI-TV reported that the problem stemmed from a gas stove being used to heat one of the apartments.

Chief Ed Pletsch told the station that crews found “very high levels” of carbon monoxide in the building.

He said the problem is common this time of year “when the furnaces kick on.”


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide