- Associated Press - Tuesday, November 24, 2015

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say the death of a young man found following a weekend fire at a duplex in Grand Rapids was accidental.

The Grand Rapids Press reports Tuesday that an autopsy determined the man died of asphyxia by inhalation of products of combustion.

Dental records will be used to officially identify the man.

Police say the fire started early Sunday and several people were in the duplex at the time. They say all but one person made it out safely.

Sarah Dagley has told WOOD-TV she was told by police there’s no indication of foul play in the death of her son, 20-year-old Devin Jay Lomax-Dagley.

How the fire started has not been released.

___

Information from: WOOD-TV, https://www.woodtv.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide