- Associated Press - Thursday, November 26, 2015

CAVE CREEK, Ariz. (AP) - A bar in metro Phoenix that serves as a gathering spot for fans of the Green Bay Packers was severely damaged by a fire that authorities have called suspicious.

The cause of Thursday’s fire at the Buffalo Chip Saloon & Steakhouse in Cave Creek is being examined by investigators from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

The building’s front portion was destroyed. A back patio was untouched because it was protected by a fire wall.

Rural Metro Fire Department spokesman Colin Williams says crews were confident they extinguished the fire.

But sheriff’s officers who were at the restaurant investigating the blaze later discovered that a fire was burning into the building’s attic.

It’s unclear how many fires burned in the building.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide