- Associated Press - Thursday, November 26, 2015

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - The city of Sioux Falls is urging residents to recycle the grease resulting from holiday cooking.

People are being asked to not throw used grease in the garbage and not pour it down the drain. Instead, residents are asked to take the cooking oil to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Sioux Falls.

Residents of Lake, Lincoln, McCook, Minnehaha and Turner counties can dispose of the unwanted oil for free at the facility. The oil will be recycled as a renewable fuel.

Fire officials are also asking residents to be mindful of becoming distracted or even falling asleep while preparing a meal on the stove. The National Fire Prevention Association says 40 percent of home fires start in the kitchen, and the leading cause of kitchen fires is unattended cooking.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide