- Associated Press - Friday, November 27, 2015

DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say smoking appears to have caused a house fire in Dubuque.

Assistant Fire Chief Mark Ludescher says the fire was reported Friday morning. Officials believe it started on the back deck of the home before spreading to the attic.

The Telegraph Herald reports (https://bit.ly/1XwuULj ) firefighters pulled down ceiling tiles to get water to the attic.

Fire Marshal Mark Burkle says smoking on the back deck appears to have started the fire, but he did not elaborate.

An adult and three children were home at the time. They escaped without injury. The American Red Cross is assisting.


Information from: Telegraph Herald, https://www.thonline.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide