- Associated Press - Friday, November 27, 2015

ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - Officials in Roanoke say a fatal house fire has been ruled an accident.

Roanoke fire and emergency services spokeswoman Tiffany Bradbury says a medical examiner ruled that 77-year-old Donnie J. Lawhorn died of smoke inhalation on Wednesday night.

Bradbury tells media outlets that a propane heater being used indoors was to blame for the fire.

The fire displaced Lawhorn’s daughter, Melissa Wilson, her husband and their three children. The family’s dog also perished in the blaze.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide