- Associated Press - Wednesday, November 4, 2015

SWANZEY, N.H. (AP) - Authorities say a 65-year-old woman died of natural cause in her home in Swanzey, a day before an accidental fire caused by candle started.

Firefighters responded to a report of fire at the home of Maria Bartlett on Tuesday morning.

The state fire marshal and local police and fire officials say Bartlett died on Monday and was still inside the home when the fire broke out.

The state fire marshal’s office said the fire, contained in one room, happened the day after Bartlett died and was not related to her death. The candle was near combustible material. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide