- Associated Press - Thursday, November 5, 2015

FLINT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say lint in a dryer led to a Flint-area house fire last month where a man and his dog were found dead.

Flint Township Assistant Fire Chief Michael Burkley says the vent to the dryer was plugged with lint and was damaged by debris. He says the dryer overheated and eventually caught fire.

Cause of death hasn’t been released, pending an autopsy report, but Burkley says the investigation into the Oct. 21 fire is closed.

The Flint Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1HbmzKJ ) that the body of 48-year-old Robert Huddy was found under furniture in the family room after smoke cleared. He was the only resident of the ranch-style home. His dog was also found dead in the house.

___

Information from: The Flint Journal, https://www.mlive.com/flint


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide