- Associated Press - Friday, November 6, 2015

BOSTON (AP) - Gov. Charlie Baker says IndyCar promoters have been discussing with state agencies what they need to do to draw a Grand Prix-style road race to Boston’s Seaport next year.

The Boston Herald reports (https://bit.ly/1Nxv4B6 ) that Baker says state agencies, including the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Massport, the Mass. Convention Center Authority and Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority must meet with IndyCar and discuss how the race would work and what IndyCar expects from the agencies.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh said he told IndyCar last week he’s concerned with their lack of progress in getting necessary approvals from other agencies and gave promoters two weeks to obtain them.

A spokeswoman for Boston Grand Prix, which is organizing the September 2016 race, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

___

Information from: Boston Herald, https://www.bostonherald.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide