- Associated Press - Friday, November 6, 2015

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - A Nebraska industry group that supports the Keystone XL pipeline says the project’s developer should reapply for presidential approval after the 2016 elections.

Nebraskans for Jobs and Energy spokesman Chris Peterson said Friday that TransCanada should not abandon the project despite President Barack Obama’s decision to reject the company’s application.

Peterson says the decision was politically motivated and “temporarily stalls” an important energy infrastructure project.

TransCanada says it remains “absolutely committed” to building the project and was considering filing a new application for permits. The company has previously raised the possibility of suing the United States to recoup the more than $2 billion it says it has already spent on development.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide