- Associated Press - Sunday, November 8, 2015

ISSAQUAH, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a family of six is recovering in the hospital from carbon monoxide poisoning after a van was accidentally left running in their garage.

KING-TV reports (https://is.gd/9Y9OLo ) fire officials were called to the Issaquah home on Saturday morning because someone was feeling ill. They discovered everyone in the family had similar symptoms. And then they noticed a chemical odor. A hazmat team found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.

Deputy Chief Michael Boyle of Eastside Fire & Rescue says the team discovered a van that had been left running inside of the garage accidentally and the carbon monoxide came into the house.

The van had a push button ignition. A driver can take the keys, but forget to push the button to turn the car off.


Information from: KING-TV, https://www.king5.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide