- Associated Press - Monday, November 9, 2015

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - A fire has burned through a garage and damaged another nearby home in Lincoln.

The Lincoln Journal Star reports (https://bit.ly/1iNnG7U ) that firefighters were called to the residence around 2:15 p.m. Sunday. They cut a hole through the roof of the burning garage to ventilate the fire upward. The garage’s interior, the outside wall and a partial section of the attic were damaged.

Battalion Chief Brad Thavenet says the fire may have been started by a warm motor of a lawn mower burning a pile of nearby leaves or leaves still in the leaf bag. The garage’s owner was doing yard work and left the lawnmower unattended shortly before the fire began.

Heat from the fire burned through the vinyl siding of a next-door home.

An investigation is ongoing.

___

Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, https://www.journalstar.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide