- Associated Press - Monday, November 9, 2015

GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) - Officials say a fire caused about $50,000 worth of damage at a Gastonia motel.

Multiple news agencies report the fire occurred Sunday morning at the Red Carpet Inn.

Officials say the Gastonia Fire Department responded to the motel just before 6 a.m. Department officials say heavy flames could be seen coming from one of the rooms.

Fire officials say an electrical malfunction caused the fire in a room that was vacant, but the adjacent rooms were occupied.

Authorities say everyone in the building escaped unharmed.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide