- Associated Press - Thursday, October 1, 2015

CHARLES CITY, Iowa (AP) - A judge says he won’t dismiss a sex abuse charge filed against a convicted sex offender who received 14 percent of the votes in losing a Charles City school board election last month.

Fifty-nine-year-old Doug Lindaman has already pleaded not guilty to allegations that he performed a sex act in 2011 on a 17-year-old boy without the boy’s consent. Lindaman’s trial is scheduled to begin Oct. 20.

Before the election Lindaman said the charge was politically motivated.

The Mason City Globe Gazette reports (https://bit.ly/1FKuVs5 ) that Judge Christopher Foy ruled that most of the dismissal arguments Lindaman made pertain to the merits of the state’s case. Foy says it’s inappropriate for the court to comment on those issues now but also says Lindaman can raise them during trial.

___

Information from: Globe Gazette, https://www.globegazette.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide