- Associated Press - Saturday, October 10, 2015

MILWAUKEE (AP) - A faulty oven is blamed in a Milwaukee man’s death from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the Milwaukee County medical examiner’s office, 55-year-old John Fleming died of carbon monoxide poisoning after using the oven to warm up his apartment.

The Journal Sentinel (https://bit.ly/1MkiGj1 ) reports Fleming had complained to his sister around 1 p.m. Tuesday that he was cold. The building where he lived had not turned on its heat yet.

His sister went to check on him that evening, found him passed out and called 911.

When emergency responders arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors showed lethal levels of the poisoning gas in Fleming’s apartment, and he was quickly removed. Attempts to revive Fleming were unsuccessful.

We Energies determined the oven had a malfunctioning part that was leaking natural gas.

___

Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, https://www.jsonline.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide