- Associated Press - Sunday, October 11, 2015

FORT PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - A family was able to safely escape a fire that destroyed their home in Fort Pierre.

The fire broke out Saturday night at a house on Main Street.

Fort Pierre Fire Chief Cody Lengkeek tells KCCR-AM (https://bit.ly/1VMMWIg ) the fire started in a gas grill on the porch.

The family was at home when the fire started, and they all made it out of the house with no injuries.

The American Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.

___

Information from: KCCR-AM, https://www.todayskccr.com/


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide