- Associated Press - Monday, October 12, 2015

NIXA, Mo. (AP) - Authorities say one person has been injured in a fire at a home in Nixa.

The Springfield News-Leader (https://sgfnow.co/1R6E3I7 ) reports the fire broke out just after 8 a.m. Sunday. According to a news release from the Nixa Fire Protection District, firefighters arrived at the home and found heavy smoke coming from the home’s attached garage.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control and evacuate the family inside. The release says one person was taken to a hospital with minor burns.

According to the news release, the fire was caused by a cigarette that was not properly put out.

___

Information from: Springfield News-Leader, https://www.news-leader.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide