- Associated Press - Monday, October 12, 2015

PHOENIX (AP) - A Phoenix man is injured after trying to extinguish a house fire with a garden hose.

KNXV-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1Pal9Tg ) that the Phoenix Fire Department says a homeowner in his 70s tried to stop the flames using his garden hose. He was burned on his hands and face and taken to a hospital.

Firefighters say the fire started in the garage and crews were able to keep the flames from spreading into the house.

Officials are still investigating.

___

Information from: KNXV-TV, https://www.abc15.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide