- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 13, 2015

MINNETONKA, Minn. (AP) - The family of an 8-year-old girl who died after a medical emergency on Lake Minnetonka says she was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency crews were called shortly before 5 p.m. Sunday to a dock on Wayzata Bay, where they found Sophia Baechler of Edina unresponsive. She was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where she died.

Sophia was a second grader at Concord Elementary School in Edina. Her parents informed school staff Monday morning about the cause of her death.

Principal Tony Washington sent a letter to parents Monday saying the girl’s parents informed him that she died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide