- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 13, 2015

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) - Police say an initial report that a 2-year-old child was in a car that was allegedly carjacked apparently was false and they have called off their search in southwest Ohio.

Dayton police had said the car was reported stolen shortly after 7 a.m Tuesday outside a McDonald’s restaurant. Initial reports said the car’s driver told police that two suspects fled in the vehicle with a 2-year-old inside.

Police said the two people were taken into custody after the car crashed in Warren County a short time later. Authorities searched the area for the child before determining there apparently had been no child in the car when it was taken.

A police spokeswoman says no more information was immediately available.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide