- Associated Press - Friday, October 30, 2015

CHICAGO (AP) - Dozens of Chicago school children have been transported to hospitals after apparently becoming sick from carbon monoxide fumes.

Assistant Deputy Fire Commissioner Mark Nielsen said none of the children had life-threatening problems.

Nielson says a boiler in the main building of Prussing Elementary School was the apparent source of the fumes that sent 71 children and seven adults to hospitals.

The school called the fire department Friday morning after kids began falling ill. He says the children complained of headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness and flulike symptoms.

Nielsen says the principal evacuated students from the school and students and staff were kept outside before being moved into mobile units outside the main building or to another school.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide