- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 6, 2015

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - A judge has lifted a temporary restraining order filed against Rutgers wide receiver Leonte Carroo after a woman he was accused of attacking said she didn’t think it was necessary.

Carroo and the woman also signed a consent order Tuesday in New Jersey Superior Court to have no contact with each other. They also planned to appear in Piscataway municipal court later Tuesday to get simple assault charges against Carroo dropped.

Carroo was accused of attacking the woman after a football game last month and slamming her onto concrete. The woman received injuries on her hip, hands, elbow and head.

The team suspended Carroo. His lawyer has said he plans to petition the school to lift the suspension.

Interim Rutgers coach Norries Wilson declined to comment on Carroo’s status.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide