- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 6, 2015

WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) - A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against Ford Motor Co. and a suburban Chicago auto dealer in connection with the carbon monoxide poisoning of a man and his wife.

The lawsuit filed in Lake County Circuit Court claims the couple’s 2013 Lincoln MKS was equipped with a keyless ignition critics say makes it too easy to leave a car running without realizing it.

Seventy-five-year-old Rina and 79-year-old Pasquale Fontanini of Highland Park died in June.

The Chicago Tribune reports (https://trib.in/1MUY4kc) the couple’s son, Cesare Fontanini, says his father was awakened by a carbon monoxide detector, went to the garage and turned off the car ignition. However, he was too late, and he collapsed and died.

Representatives for Ford and auto dealer Libertyville Lincoln couldn’t be reached for comment Monday.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide