- Associated Press - Thursday, October 8, 2015

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a 20-year-old woman died in a Shelton house fire after inhaling toxic material as the blaze burned.

The Olympian reports (https://goo.gl/4g2UUL ) that the Mason County Coroner’s Office has identified the woman as Kathleen Lowther, who was a resident of the home. Coroner Wes Stockwell says Lowther died from asphyxia after inhaling the toxic material.

Fire crews had responded to the home Monday night. The two-story residential fire had spread to the second level, and was caused by unattended food on the stove.

The two people who escaped the fire were treated and released at an Olympia hospital.

___



Information from: The Olympian, https://www.theolympian.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide