- Associated Press - Friday, October 9, 2015

NEWTON, Mass. (AP) - A Newton elementary school canceled classes for the day after two people were overcome by carbon monoxide.

The fire department says a school custodian and a contractor checking the heating system were overcome by fumes in the Franklin Elementary School’s boiler room at about 7:30 a.m. Friday and taken to a Boston hospital.

Firefighters searched the building and found no one else inside. Testing, however, showed unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

The cause remains under investigation.

No names were released.


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide