- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 1, 2015

SOUTH WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) - An electrician has died after falling on live electrical wires while he worked at an indoor arcade in Connecticut.

Police say the worker was removing light fixtures at the Nomads Adventure Quest in South Windsor on Tuesday morning when he fell from a platform and grabbed the wires.

Police say the man, who was in his 40s, was working for Northern Lights Electric of Bolton. His name was not immediately released.

Police say the workers had thought the power was off in the building, and had thrown the circuit breakers as an extra precaution.

The building was closed at the time the work was being done.

The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate along with local authorities.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide