- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 1, 2015

RUTLAND, Vt. (AP) - Fire officials say a dog and cat were killed and at least eight people were displaced in a fire at a Vermont apartment house.

It happened at around 5 p.m. Monday at a four-unit apartment house on North Main Street in Rutland.

Brad LaFaso, chief of operations for the Rutland Fire Department, says the blaze was sparked by a candle with incense that was left unattended for five to 10 minutes.

No one was injured, but officials say several people were displaced.

Officials say two people were taken from the scene in handcuffs. Police haven’t said if they are facing any charges.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide