- Associated Press - Monday, September 14, 2015

INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) - A courthouse in Inglewood was evacuated after an employee reported getting burned by a hazardous substance inside an envelope.

Los Angeles County Fire Department Capt. Keith Mora says the employee sustained minor hand injuries Monday afternoon and 14 others who were nearby had to be decontaminated as a precaution.

Investigators inspected the envelope and found no substance, sheriff’s Deputy Juanita Smith said.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide