- Associated Press - Friday, September 18, 2015

BEAR, Del. (AP) - Authorities say one resident was hurt when fire broke out in an apartment building in Bear.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the blaze was reported about 2 a.m. Friday at the Appleby Apartments on Bedford Lane.

Firefighters say the blaze spread smoke throughout the three-story building. A man in a third-floor apartment was taken to Christiana Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Officials say the fire began in a second-floor apartment when cooking items were left unattended. Damage is estimated at $150,000.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide