- Associated Press - Friday, September 18, 2015

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Fire crews in St. Petersburg rescued two adults and five children who were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a generator.

Authorities say a generator running in the garage caused the fumes to build up inside the home early Friday.

St. Petersburg Fire Rescue crews arrived at the home shortly after 4 a.m.

Spokesman Steve Lawrence told the Tampa Bay Times (https://bit.ly/1F6n9IX ) the family was using a generator to provide power to the house. It wasn’t clear why.

Crews administered oxygen at the scene, and the children and their mother showed signs of improvement. Lawrence says the father was going in and out of consciousness.

A fire rescue news release identified the man as Ernest Dickson. Dickson, his fiancée and children - ranging in age from 5 months to 12 - were checked at hospitals and were not experiencing any ill effects by late morning.


Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), https://www.tampabay.com.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide